I love purchasing things online, as there is so much more of a selection than you would get walking into a small ballet stockist-type store. When I was growing up ballet leotards were all much of a muchness – black or pink and not much choice in style.
Nowadays you can get such pretty ballet leotards, and even the examination bodies have become more flexible in what you are allowed to wear for your ballet examinations. They are also built for comfort, like never before.
Here are some wonderful examples of pretty ballet leotards that are available online. Simply click on the link or on the picture to find out more. These are affiliate links, which means if you do decide to purchase something off of this page, I will get a small commission at no extra cost to you, and this is what enables me to keep this website going.
What To Look For In A Ballet Leotard
Here are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing a ballet leotard.
- Lycra and Spandex are my personal favorites, as they keep their shape well and are comfortable to wear.
- Make sure the leotard is both stretchy and flexible so it moves with your body as you dance.
- Velour is a fabric accent that’s a popular choice for leotards. Additionally, there are a variety of patterns such as glittered, shiny, and printed fabrics that can add a great deal of visual appeal to your dance leotard, but it depends on how showy you need your leotard to be.
- Meshing is another way to add pretty accents to a leotard or costume and it is also strong, soft, and lightweight. I would however treat it with care and hand wash only.
- The leotard should feel comfortable like a second skin once on and should not creep if you get a good fit.
- Make sure that any embellishments on the leotard are soft and do not prick or cause discomfort in any way.
- Having inner support is always a great idea if you don’t want to wear a bra with the leotard.
- If the leotard is a light color, make sure that it is lined so that it doesn’t become see-through if it gets wet.
Pretty Ballet Leotards
Here are some ballet leotards/dancewear that I love. They can be purchased online at great prices. If you want to find out more about the leotard in question, simply click on the link or on the picture.
Toddler Kids Pretty In Gymnastics Leotards 2t 3t 4t Girls One-Piece Sparkly Pink Floral Unicorn Unique Ballet dance Tutu Dress leotards Bodysuit
Let’s start off with something for the littlies.
This leotard is a great fit in stretchy sports material. The fabric is strong, comfortable and breathable, and washes well.
There are a variety of colors and designs to choose from, including mermaids and pandas, so you will find one to suit every taste.
This pretty ballet leotard is 87% polyamide and 13% spandex.
It is moisture-wicking, very stretchy, breathable, and soft to the touch.
It is elegant and has a double shelf bra lining for support.
This leotard should only be hand washed in cold water.
Limiles Women’s Halter Neck Bodysuit Keyhole Back Gymnastic Ballet Dance Leotard Tops Dancewear Costumes
This one is available in different fabrics and has a snap closure.
87% polyamide and 13% spandex makes it super stretchy, but also comfortable and breathable.
Has a double shelf bra lining for support.
This one only comes in black, but I am sure you will agree that it is stunning.
The leotard has a beautiful lace back design with wide cross straps. the front has a classic scoop neck and a ballet cut leg line.
The front of the ballet leotard is fully lined and it looks really flattering.
It is made from 90% Tactel and 10% Spandex.
I love the back of this leotard, as it gives the dancer such a lovely line.
The fabric is 59.8% polyester, 24% cotton, and 6.2 % lycra. It is high-performance and ultra-soft.
The open back panels extend slightly around the front of the leotard when you dance creating keyhole cutouts on the waistline.
Hand wash only.
Another gorgeous back designed for younger girls aged 3 to 11 years. It is made from cotton and is highly stretchy.
This pretty ballet leotard comes in various color choices and has an attached skirt to make your little dancer feel extra special.
MdnMd Girls Toddler Dance Leotards for Ballet Gymnastic Camisole Sleeve Outfit with Cross Back Detail (Black, Age 6-7)
This girl’s leotard is 85% Nylon and 15% Lycra Spandex. It can be machine washed.
It is fully lined and has a scoop neckline. It is also available in different colors.
Dance Favourite Ballet Leotards For Women Tank Sleeve Cotton with Mesh Ballet Dancewear Adult Dance Practice Clothes Gymnastics Leotards A1B014 (S)
Another stunning leotard for ladies with mesh detail and a clip fastening at the back.
The material is 59.8% Polyester, 34% Cotton, and 6.2% Lycra.
Up close there is a beautiful crossover mesh front design under the bust. This design is enhanced with a delicate plait finish for another feminine touch. The back of the leotard features an open back O shape to show off your dancer’s back.
I trust you have enjoyed my selection of pretty ballet leotards.
Please feel free to comment below if you are lucky enough to own one of these.