What Is Morton’s Neuroma And How Is It Caused?
Morton’s Neuroma, Morton’s Metatarsalgia or Interdigital Neuroma are all the same foot ailment, which was named after Dr. Morton who first described this condition in 1876. Down below I have placed some links below to what are the best shoes for Mortons Neuroma and for convenience you can purchase these online.
It is not known what exactly causes Morton’s Neuroma, but it is a condition that affects one of the nerves that run between the long bones (metatarsals) in the foot. Some doctors say it is caused as a result of long-standing (chronic) stress and irritation of a plantar digital nerve.
Morton’s Neuroma is not the most comfortable foot condition to have, especially for dancers, as symptoms include pain, burning, numbness, and tingling between two of the toes of the foot which are affected.
Because the space between the second and third Metatarsal and the third and fourth metatarsal is narrower in the foot, these nerves are more likely to be irritated and compressed, especially when wearing narrow shoes. Dancers must be extremely careful that the pointe shoes they wear are not too narrow.
Most of the time Morton’s Neuroma can be controlled by changing or modifying your shoes (not always possible for dancers). In more chronic and long-standing cases, surgery is the only option.
More women than men seem to suffer from this condition, and it is probably due to the fact that they wear high heels, and of course, ballet dancers wear pointe shoes which doesn’t help matters much. The pain is normally relieved by taking the shoes off and massaging the affected area. Stretching the calf muscles can also help to relieve the tension in the foot. Here are some products that will help to alleviate foot pain associated with Morton’s Neuroma.
Foot orthotic Insoles with Arch Support for Relief of Heel Pain, Plantar Fasciitis & Mortons Neuroma (Many Sizes Available) (XL – Men US 11-13, Women US 12.5-14)h
- FOOT PAIN RELIEF- orthotic insoles for treatment of Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Pain, Morton’s Neuroma, and Bunions.
- ARCH SUPPORT- Full-length orthopedic insoles contour the Arch to support Flat Feet and Over Pronation.
- CUSHIONING- Quality EVA foam with extra Cushion under heel and ball of the foot. Soft yet really supportive.
- FOOTWEAR- Can be used by Men or Women in Runners or other Shoes. 5 SIZES- can be trimmed if needed.
- 100% GUARANTEE- If you’re not completely satisfied with our Foot Orthotic Inserts you will be refunded.
These are used for interdigital Morton’s Neuroma and work by spreading the bones at the base of the toes that are pinching nerves.
This is a soft elastic sleeve that fits over your foot comfortably. It has an extra soft gel pad which enhances cushioning and eases the pain. The toe loop maintains proper positioning and prevents slipping.
I don’t have Morton’s Neuroma, but I like to wear these inside my shoes when I stand a lot for extra cushioning.
LEAGY Toe Stretchers, Pain Relief Bunion, Plantar Fasciitis, Hallux Valgus, Perfect Quickly Alleviating Pain After Practicing Ballet, Dance, Yoga Sports Activities, Lifetime Foot Pain Relief (①)
- Our Doctor Recommended Toe Stretchers to provide quick and effective foot pain relief
- HYPO allergy and latex-free toe stretchers improve flexibility.
- Five toe stretcher lets you keep your favorite activity without stopping because of the pain and discomfort.
- One size fits all.
- Great for the following: hallux cystic swelling, hammertoes, MORTON ‘ s foot Acoustic Neuroma, overcrowding at planter Fasciitis pain or deformity of the toe.
- Stretch and relax your tense and weary feet. Results are guaranteed.
- Complimentary free eBook is included about foot care.
What Are The Best Shoes For Mortons Neuroma?
Mortons Neuroma sufferers need comfortable shoes that are wider in the toe area. It may also be a good idea when it comes to what are the best shoes for Mortons Neuroma to wear a shoe that the heel is set lower than the toes to reduce pressure on the ball of the foot.
These are some that you can buy online that are super comfortable and have space for your toes to spread. These are some of the best shoes when it comes to what are the best shoes for Mortons Neuroma that I have found online. If you are interested in finding out more, simply click on the blue link or the picture.
These are so comfy, you will not want to take them off.
- Designed for women, by a woman scientist-engineer with a Harvard MD
- Wide, spacious forefoot allows natural foot movement to maximize strength and health.
- Entirely based on medical-science, the La Vida offers a different approach to plantar fasciitis, Morton’s neuroma, knee pain & knee osteoarthritis, metatarsalgia, and other lower extremity medical conditions
- Patented and proprietary OESH® Sole responds to body weight/instant of physiological vulnerability
- Perfectly flat interior easily accommodates orthotics and all foot types.
- Rubber sole
- Rubber outsole with Foot Cradle Technology to provide stability and supports your heel in a neutral position to encourage a proper walking gait; Reinforced toe box protects toes without a bulky look.
- Trek-Dry vamp lining has natural antimicrobial properties and ceramic fiber that disperses moisture for a dry, healthy foot environment.
- Natural Skintex lining treatment, with antibacterial silver ions, helps keep skin smooth and soft; Nylon composite shank adds stability.
Telic Unisex VOTED BEST COMFORT SHOE Arch Support Recovery Flipflop Sandal BONUS Pumice Stone $49 Value,Midnight Black,12 B(M) US Women / 11 B(M) US Men (XL-Large)
- Made of Leather and manufactured in the USA.
- Synthetic sole and 100% Novalon.
- WORK HARD – RECOVER SOFT. Often worn as a Recovery Shoe after sports, walking, running, golf, and other forms of exercise. Worn by and endorsed by golf and sports celebrities, movie stars, orthopedic surgeons, chiropractors, and podiatrists worldwide.
- A great recovery shoe for Mortons Neuroma and Plantar Faciatis.
A highly unusual shoe, but this style is becoming popular in the workout field.
- Leather with a rubber sole.
- If you are still wondering what are the best shoes for Mortons Neuroma, this one, although odd works a treat.
- Genuine full grain soft leather accommodates every curve of the foot.
- Easy slip-on style with hook and loop closure ensures easy on/off and a great fit.
- Forefoot EVA cushioning cushions the ball of the foot and toes, which is a bonus if you are on your feet all day.
- Built-in Z-Orthotic protects plantar ligaments
- Wide toe box prevents toe irritation, which is perfect if you suffer from Morton’s Neuroma.
Hope you find in this post entitled ‘what are the best shoes for Mortons Neuroma’ something that will help you. Please comment below and let me know if you have found something better.
For more reading on foot problems, click here.